Creu de Terme de Can Quintana
These wayside crosses were milestones that marked the territorial boundaries of the parish and that were usually placed at the entrance of a village or monasteries and also next to the roads.
They are made of stone, and usually consist of a base or pedestal, where a shaft is supported and crowned by a knot or an octagonal “lantern” that supports a carved stone cross.
The Can Quintana cross is a 14th century Gothic style piece. On the one side it has the image of Christ on the crucifix and on the other the Virgin Mary and the Holy Infant. At the end of the cross there is the octagonal section where we find several figures of saints.
During the civil war the Quintana family hid the cross in their house to prevent the revolutionaries from destroying it. In 1948 it was handed over to the authorities and restored.
At the moment the Cross of Can Quintana is located in the patio of Can Quintana. This location in a private patio is not the usual one but that is because the town has grown since its installation.
The cross that was in the street just a few metres away from the church did not have the same fate. It was damaged during the Carlist wars, and was destroyed during the civil war. At the moment part of the original shaft is conserved in front of the church façade.