This beach in the heart of Pineda de Mar is catalogued BANDERA BLAVA (blue flag), a symbol that is annually awarded by the European Foundation for Environmental Education to the beaches and ports that meet a series of environmental conditions and facilities, and distinguished with SICTED (commitment of tourism quality) and in the process of joining BIOSPHERE.
It has a relaxed family atmosphere where visitors can have a good time enjoying nature, landscaped areas, natural shade, playgrounds, health areas and other quality services.
It can be conveniently accessed by underground passages, equipped with stairs and ramps, ideal for people with reduced mobility and over the level crossing, near the train station.
Pineda de Mar is a specialized destination in family tourism and has the Family Beach Seal, it has free services for the entire family to enjoy during the summer, such as the Baby Centre and the Mini Beach Club.
On this beach we can also find the platform and the water park.
Watch Live Webcam!
- Length: 1,082 m
- Slope of entry to the water: very strong
- Environment: urban
- Type of beach: open
- Type of sand: granulated sand
- Sampling point, monitoring of bathing water, in front of the Promenade Hotel, during the months of June to September
- Water temperature: between 22 and 25ºC
- Tourist Information Point (PIT) at the Baby Centre
- Rental of parasols and sun loungers to make your day more comfortable.
- The lifeguard service is active from mid-June to mid-September. With a schedule from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Health and nursing station in the module set-up on the beach, in the event of an accident.
- Drinking water points.
- Walkways to access the beach for people with reduced mobility.
- Life lines.
- Showers and toilets adapted for people with reduced mobility.
- Webcam and detailed information on the condition of the beaches in real time via the network.
- The Local Police offers surveillance and information on the beaches via police officers that travel by bicycle to act more quickly in case of need or emergency. This service is provided during the summer months throughout the day.
- Spaces for entertainment and fun for the little ones with swings.
- Beach bars, so that the whole family can spend a full day at the beach, with the best menus for the customers to enjoy.
- There is a daily cleaning and collection service during the summer season, in order to enjoy a better quality of the beach, users must also be responsible, by using the waste collection points.
- Fisherman’s beach has 2 volleyball courts, 1 near the beach bar “Calma” and the other near C /. Roger de Llúria), both are free and have open access.
The new Baby Center service is an area for babies and children up to 6 years. Families have at their disposal a wide range of free facilities to make their stay at the beach more comfortable: changing tables, high chairs, a microwave oven, a refrigerator to keep their baby food, washbasins, a cradle and an armchair for breastfeeding.
They can also leave their strollers while using the facilities. The interior space is air-conditioned and there is an exclusive toilet for children. The monitors organise free workshops for children every 30 minutes, with story telling and crafts in several languages (Catalan, Castilian Spanish, English, French, German and Russian). The child must be accompanied and supervised by an adult guardian at all times. Together for the first time in one place three free beach services: the Baby Center, the Tourist Information and educational workshops.
The Baby Center will be open from mid-June to mid-September with times from 10:30 to 18:30, from Monday to Sunday.
The Mini Beach Club consists of a series of educational workshops on the beach, aimed at children from 4 to 12 years old. The workshops, all related to the sea and the summer, will awaken the creativity of the youngsters and will help them interact with other children in a fun way. In addition to the workshops, every evening various activities and water games are organized.
From June to September on the Platja dels Pescadors (the Fishermen’s Beach), opposite the Mini Beach Club, different free sports activities will be held for anybody who wants to join in: Aquagym (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 11.00 to 11.40 p.m.), Zumba (Mondays and Fridays from 11.45 to 12.15 a.m.), Latin Dances (Wednesdays from 11.45 to 12.15 a.m.) and Soft Gym (Tuesdays and Thursdays 11.45-12.15 a.m.).
Besides, the various sports areas on the beaches in Pineda are already available. Specifically, nets and areas to play volleyball and football goals have been prepared. These areas are spread in different locations on the beaches of Pineda de Mar.
The recreational floating waterpark is alternated between the Fisherman’s beach and Poblenou beach. Next year, if everything goes according to plan, it will be on Poblenou beach.
About the waterpark:
- Made of high strength PVC. Tested and certified by TÜV laboratories in compliance with the safety regulations of recreational water inflatables for public use EN 15649.
- With 16 elements, 9 different modes of exercise.
- 910 m2
- Capacity for 70 people.
- The general opening hours to the public are 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Dates of operation: from 1st June to 1st October
- The recreational platform we have on Poblenou beach measures 18 m2, it is 6 meters long and 3 meters wide.
- It is designed according to the depth, to guarantee the user’s safety.
- It is located at a distance of approximately 50 meters from the sand, and there is a life line to reach it, marked with donut shaped buoys every 5 meters.
You can reach Fisherman’s beach:
Get off at Pineda de Mar station, the train leaves you at the fishermen’s beach. The trains run every 30 minutes in both directions, Barcelona or Blanes / Girona.
You can reach the fishermen’s beach by:
• C-32 (Exit 122 to Calella, Pineda de Mar, Santa Susanna) towards Pineda de Mar and take the promenade, after passing the train station you will find the underpass for cars on C / Consulat de Mar.
• N-II. From Barcelona come off at Av. Montserrat, this will take you to the train station at the foot of the beach, passing the train station you will find the underground passage for cars C / Consulat de Mar.
Free parking in the old Club Nàutic (Sailing Club) area.
Check the best parking option for this beach.
- Biosphere Certification
- Blue Flag Certification
- Quality Tourism Certification
- Baby Center
- Mini Beach Club
- Water Fountain
- Foot Showers
- Information point
- Weather forecast
- Shipping forecast
- Sea cleaning service
- Sand cleaning service
- Rubbish bins
- Disabled access
- Disabled walkway
- Disabled security
- Disabled toilets
- PA system
- First aid
- Aid Points
- Aid points for boats
- Relief surveillance
- Sun loungers
- Nautical sports
- Beach bar